Monday 28 March 2011

Shopping

We were shopping earlier and Charlie was sitting in the trolley amongst the shopping as usual. He said he wanted a cake and we went through the usual discussion of why he couldn't have a birthday cake intended for 22 people  - his argument of 'it has a frog on it' wasn't particularly strong. I then agreed to buy him a cake if he promised not to keep asking to eat it immediately. He solemnly agreed to my demands. As soon as I put it in the trolley he was off, 'Want da cake, iss Charlie's cake, a bit of da cake? GIVE ME DA CAKE!' He went on and on, and ended up sobbing loudly. He then started shouting, 'STOP CRYIN' MUMMY!'. I gently explained he was the one crying.


When we left the supermarket he kept asking if we could go and see the birds. I asked him which birds he was talking about and eventually said 'wiv da ickle birds and a big carrot'. The pet shop which has a parrot.


He now calls parrots, well - parrots. He has found an animal book which has a picture of one in it. He keeps finding the right page and thrusting it in my face and saying crossly, 'Iss not a CARROT mummy, iss a PARROT!'  

No comments:

Post a Comment