Thursday 24 March 2011

BOO!

I picked Charlie up from nursery and ascertained that he had been a 'Good boy' - this is something I have now come to expect but don't take for granted. When he first started he was good for about 2 sessions and then decided it was more fun going around and whacking his 'friends' (as nursery refer to all the children, although I'm sure at this stage they would have begged to differ). I was rather upset about this along with his food habits - he has lunch there and they make a note of what they have eaten - the first few times I checked to see how he had done - they said 'Charlie, lets check - he ate everything - oops - that was the other Charlie - yours ate nothing' - it was all a bit traumatic. It soon became apparent that the only way to control my son was bribery - so every time he goes he gets the promise of a chocolate frog if he behaves - and more recently the option of a mini lollipop. So far so good. Today he paused before getting into the car to get his reward to stroke and kiss the (dirty, approximately 10 year old) people carrier parked next to me, I asked him why he had done it and he said with great sincerity 'Acus (because) I luff it'.


Charlie and I have been swimming again today. I went through the usual realisation that I had hairy legs 10 minutes before leavings and butchered them again. The pool was bloody freezing - we endured 40 minutes of teeth chattering and then gave up - Charlie kept talking about sharks and worked himself up so much that every time I moved away from him he screamed 'SHARK'S COMIN'!' and madly doggy paddled towards me, panting loudly as if he were being pursued by Jaws.


We then went to the Supermarket where Charlie will sit in a trolley as long as it's a 'funny one wiv no seat' - this is my fault having plonked him in one the other day. However this does curb my spending as there is only enough space for a small amount of shopping due Charlie taking up the majority of the trolley, also if he doesn't like the look of anything or it's in his way he chucks it over the side. As I wheeled him round he decided to shout 'hello' at people - well to be more specific; women or ''adies' as Charlie refers the female race - he waited until they got very close - quietly leaned forward and literally bellowed in their face 'HELLO!' and then guffawed loudly if he managed to make them jump. He was chuckling away today after doing just this and then went very quiet, I asked if he was alright and he leaned back in the trolley towards me, gave me a conspiratorial look and whispered - 'iss anuffer 'ady comin''. 

3 comments:

  1. I've given you an award :)

    http://larathebob.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-must-not-cry.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I will respond properly later but just wanted to acknowledge it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through lara's blog - its so sweet. Just want to eat Chalie up x
    Evey @polythenePram

    http://polythenepram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete