Monday 21 March 2011

Adult behaviour

After dropping Charlie off at nursery, whilst driving back, I came across a cyclist wobbling a bit precariously on the fairly narrow road - I went through the usual quandary of whether to overtake him when a car was coming in the opposite direction - if successful I would save about 30 seconds and if not; possibly kill him, me and whoever was in the oncoming vehicle. I decided to wait. I then spotted the half eaten muffin sitting on the 'Waybuloo' plate on the passenger seat (Charlie couldn't decide whether to finish it and decided that we should take it so he could make his decision on the move - I actually nearly drove off with it on the bonnet of the car which pleased him no end) and was suddenly overwhelmed with the urge to lob it out of the passenger window at the cyclist as I overtook him. I then reasoned this could also potentially result in his death and again  took the sensible option. I am becoming quite mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment