Thursday 17 March 2011

Dirty food

When getting ready to pick Charlie up from nursery and go swimming - a joy for him and a nightmare for me - he splashes around keeping warm - I stand there saying how brilliant he is half immersed in tepid water; freezing. I suddenly realised I hadn't shaved my legs - I was actually quite tempted to not bother and hope the hair would provide a bit of insulation. Vanity clearly won and a quick glance at the clock showed I had 10 minutes - so ran upstairs, burned myself and soaked my top but finally after some possessed shaving ended up with hair-free and in some parts - skin- free legs. I ran up to the bedroom, glanced at the clock and was surprised to see I had actually gained 10 minutes. As time travel is not actually a proven science I summised that the clock I initially referred to had actually stopped 12 hours ago and it was sod's law it was close to the real time. In retrospect I think stubble would have been preferable to the shaving rash.


I was very happy to see 'all' next to Charlie's name when I picked him up from nursery. This means he had eaten all his lunch - most mothers are ridiculously pleased about very small things like this. In the car I asked what he had eaten (knowing it was roast chicken) - after a thorough interrogation he admitted to having eaten chicken and even confided he'd also had some potatoes. He then went on to say he said he had yogurt for pudding. I asked if it was nice, he said yes, but it was a bit dirty. I obviously questioned this and he said again his yogurt was nice but a bit dirty - he then expanded and told me it had bits of dirt in it. I asked whether this might have been pieces of fruit - nope - definitely dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment