Thursday 7 April 2011

Rubbish runner

I was running again this morning and have now ‘upped my game’ (as they say on various reality TV shows – the alternative being ‘stepping up to the mark’) and am doing nearly 3 miles (ish). Sometimes I find it fairly pain-free and other times it is debateable whether I am going to survive the last half mile. The latter was true today and when I got back I sat on the front step coughing (and heaving occasionally) for a couple of minutes. I composed myself relatively quickly and sat for a while in what I thought was a fairly serene way, enjoying the sun and watching my feet steaming (they really were) and generally feeling quite pleased with myself. Then this chap walked past (I had passed him some time ago during my run), stopped and looked at me, shook his head and said, ‘Don’t worry, you’ll get better at it’. Cheeky bastard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment