Saturday 9 April 2011

Charlie in da house (mummy in da garden...)



On the way to nursery yesterday morning Charlie pointed out some piebald (black and white in this instance) horses galloping about, ‘Look at dem cows – dey is quick cows’ I said ‘That’s because they’re horses Charlie’. He has been confused about this before. ’No mummy, ‘dey is black an’ white – dey is cows – quick cows’. Charlie clearly believes it is the colour that makes the animal as opposed to the shape.

He’s currently playing on his bouncy castle. He took his Space Hopper on to it (my suggestion) but soon ran into problems. ‘I can’t get on it mummy’. I told him not to bother and as expected he ignored me and then became progressively frustrated and finally fell off. This resulted in him having his face pressed against the netting so he resembled one of the locals from  ‘The League of Gentleman’. I found this very amusing and asked if he was from Royston Vasey – he obviously had no idea what I was talking about but knew I was laughing at him. He was furious. He shouted ‘ISS NOT FUNNY!’. I told him he was mistaken, it was funny. He suddenly lobbed the space hopper off the bouncy castle and furiously kicked it down the garden, when he reached the bottom he stopped and said  ‘’ats better’, smiled and went off to play in the sand pit.


I had to pause momentarily from typing this as Charlie just managed to lock me in the garden and himself in the house. He was delighted with this achievement and was so busy being pleased that he failed to maximise the opportunity and raid the bread cupboard; which is a recent hobby – he attempts to select his own inappropriate breakfast ‘Iss?’ (rice crispy bar), ‘Iss?’(Tracker bar) etc.  He instead concentrated on dancing to the Kings of Leon and shouting, ‘CHARLIE IN DA HOUSE!’ like some sort of eighties rapper. I managed to get him to open the door by threatening to pop his bouncy castle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment