Thursday 28 April 2011

Charlie's first wind-up

When I picked Charlie up from nursery today I had placed 4 little foil wrapped chocolate eggs on his car seat. I asked him not to throw the wrappers on the floor, having cleaned my car for the first time in approximately 18 months (after having difficulty identifying the whereabouts of the steering wheel) I am now going through a ‘keep it tidy’ stage. Charlie said in an offended manner, ‘I iss not frowin’ it on da floor, I iss frowin’ it on da seats’. I promptly passed him a rubbish bag. He happily tucked into the eggs but after a while started asking for my help. I explained I was driving and it was a little awkward and asked  what the problem was. ‘Poblem  iss diss’  he repeated various times telling me nothing. I took a quick glance round (and nearly swerved off the road so not to be recommended) and was met with Charlie thrusting a partially melted egg imbedded into a yellow foil wrapper at me, ‘diss iss da poblem - iss stuck’. I returned to looking at the road and said that I would help him when we stopped and he replied, ‘Iss alright I okay now’. I was puzzled and asked how he had managed this, ‘put it in da mouf mummy – I eat it - yum’. I asked whether he had eaten the whole thing and got a  tentative ‘yesss’ I once again asked if he had eaten it, he had obviously noticed that my tone indicated that I was not particularly enthusiastic about his foil consumption and this time was met with , ‘Nooo’. I tried again and this time he said ‘Da man ate it’. He then elaborated but first adopted what he obviously thought was mysterious zombie like/ ghostly voice (Scooby-doo is to blame) ‘Da man mummy, da uva man ate it, not Charlie, da uva man in da car’. I started to get marginally pissed off as despite Charlie’s best efforts I was well aware there wasn’t a zombie in the back and it was clearly Charlie who had eaten it. I questioned him all the way back and he refused to supply me with any more information. When we got back I climbed into the back of the car and asked him again, he started singing ‘Yummy, yummy, yummy I got rubbish in my tummy’ (which I thought was genius). He then produced the wrapper which he had hidden behind his seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment